- Once downloaded, extract Ecka to a folder on your computer.
- Open the appsettings.json file in the root of the Ecka folder and change the installPath setting of the Ecka.StarCitizen.Plugin plugin section to match the location of where Star Citizen is installed on your machine. The default is c:\program files\roberts space industries\starcitizen\live\bin64\
- Run ecka.launcher.win.exe.
- Once it’s running it will open the Ecka welcome screen in your browser.
- If you have only one connected network adapter or LAN IP address;
- The welcome page will show you the IP address that you can use to connect your secondary device.
- Either type this address in full into your second device’s browser or scan the QR code to quickly open the correct address on your device.
- If you have more than one connected network adapter or multiple LAN IP addresses you must choose which one your second device will be connecting over;
- Choose the network adapter from the first list if more than one is available.
- Then choose the IP address from the second list if more than one is available.
- Then either type the displayed address in full into your second device’s browser or scan the QR code to quickly open the correct address on your device.
- If no connected network adapter or LAN IP address is found you will only be able to connect to Ecka on the device it is running on;
- Click the displayed link to open the page in your local browser.
- Once you see the Star Citizen flight screen on your second device you are ready to launch Star Citizen.
- Whilst Star Citizen is loading copy the ecka.xml control profile from the \Plugins\Ecka.StarCitizen.Plugin.0.0.1\ folder into your Star Citizen control profile folder at [installPath]\StarCitizen\LIVE\user\Controls\Mappings\.
- Once Star Citizen is up and running the last thing to do is apply the control profile.
- You can apply the profile by using the menu in game.
- Or by typing the command pp_RebindKeys ecka into the console. You can access the console by pressing the tilde key “~” which is usually on the top left of the keyboard next to the number 1 key on the top row.
Now Star Citizen is configured to respond to the commands sent from Ecka.